Saturday 22 October 2011

Sehwag targets comeback against West Indies





Virender Sehwag has said his shoulder is feeling better and he hopes to return to the India side for the Test series against West Indies that starts on November 6. Sehwag played for Delhi in a domestic Twenty20 match against Jammu and Kashmir on October 21, his first competitive game since returning prematurely from the tour of England. He was dismissed for 1 but notably bowled two overs, something he was not able to do before undergoing surgery on his right shoulder in May.
"This game helped me test my fitness," Sehwag told Hindustan Times after the match. "I can bat and bowl as well. I am still having trouble with my throwing. I am doing my strengthening exercises and following the fitness routine."
Sehwag had been rushed back into the India Test team after his surgery, but after poor performances in the last two Tests in England it was determined that his shoulder had not fully recovered and he returned before the one-day series. Sehwag said he wanted to be completely fit before making his next comeback.
"My target is to get fit for the West Indies series," he said. "But before that I need to undergo a fitness test. I will play only if I feel fit and fine."
Sehwag will not play in Delhi's next Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy match against Punjab on Saturday but may play against Hyderabad on Monday or Services on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment